Welcome to Brighter Smile Dental
Dental implants are the most successful form of treatment available for the replacement of missing teeth. Offering you teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth. Loose and uncomfortable dentures can now be replaced with something that is permanent and feels like part of you.
Implants are surgical-grade titanium fixtures placed into the jawbone as a substitute for a missing tooth root. They are allowed to integrate naturally with the bone (a process called osseointegration) before a crown, bridge or fixed denture is fitted to replace one or more missing teeth, thus eliminating the need for uncomfortable or ill-fitting dentures.
Dental implants may be needed for a variety of reasons including trauma, decay or gum disease. Missing teeth can cause the lips and face to collapse, giving a premature aged appearance, as the bony structure that was once supporting a tooth or teeth deteriorates.
The benefits of dental implants are:
- They are a permanent solution to missing teeth
- They are identical to your natural teeth in appearance, feel and function
- They restore your bite by stopping the remaining teeth on either side of the space moving and rotating, which often makes it difficult to chew food efficiently
- They improve the appearance of your smile
- They reduce the appearance of premature ageing and wrinkles
- They help retain bone structure
* If you’re missing a tooth or multiple teeth, the following video discusses different options available to you: